- Who we are?
- What is personal data?
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Your rights as a data subject
- Access to your information and correction
- How to contact us
- Unsubscribe from marketing
Who we are?
Capture Ltd, a content platform provider that delivers value to a range of clients. It changes the game for brands, rights owners and heritage organisations by delivering amazing content in flexible, compelling and scalable ways to increase market awareness and expand audiences. It enables licensing, commercial, and digital teams – large and small – to track, control, re-purpose and license their growing number of assets to service their clients and colleagues.
What is personal data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
What information do we collect about you?
The type of personal data collected and used by us varies depending upon whether you are purchasing a product or a service, using the chat tool, creating a user account on our Website or registering to our newsletter.
- Identity Data such as first name, surname, gender, date of birth.
- Contact Data such as address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Technical Data such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- Financial Data such as, for Customers only, your payment card details, bank details, VAT number, information about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- And any other data that you might have provided in the comment box.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about our events, our products and our services we think may be of interest to you.
Capture Ltd will not use your information for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to it.
In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
We would like to send you information about our events, our products and our services, only if you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us at the following address; Capture Ltd, 14 High Street, Goring-on-Thames, Reading, Berkshire, RG8 9AR.
We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or use the following address to write to us at: Capture Ltd, 14 High Street, Goring-on-Thames, Reading, Berkshire, RG8 9AR
Unsubscribe from marketing
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here